Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tomorrow I Get Oriented

Hey all! So, yesterday I hung out with Casey (the girl from my class who lives down the street). Turns out, she's pretty cool, and she has a lot of inside information. She interned at The Second City last summer, so she knows all the big wigs and a lot of insider information. She once sent a fax to Saturday Night Live. I know, right?! That's like every comedic secretary's dream! Anyway, she informed me that this year is The Second City's 50th Anniversary. Do you kow what that means?! You probably don't, so don't pretend. It just makes you look foolish. Anyway, it means there's gonna be a BUNCH of really sweet alumni back for the celebration. Need I remind anyone that Second City alumn include names like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Steve Carrell, Steve Colbert, Amy Sedaris, Big Movie Star, Famous Comedian, Sitcom Phenom, That One Guy From That One Thing, Etc... The list goes on and on. This means I will be in the presence of greatness. I'm hoping when I meet Tina Fey I don't giggle uncontrollably and wet myself. This isn't my high school graduation. I don't know when all this is going down, but believe me, you'll be the first to know. Well, besides all the people that hear me running down the street screaming, "I'm gonna meet comic gods!!" I'll likely be streaking while I scream this. It just seems to make sense.

Casey also informed me that our "end of semester showcase" (hereby referred to as "e.o.s.s.") is bigger than I thought. I guess I kind of figured that the e.o.s.s. was more of a "show your friends and family what you learned" type of thing. Nope. It's gonna be filled with producers and casting directors, keeping their eyes open for the next big thing. They just need to see that it's ME! I'M THE NEXT BIG THING! I'M HUGE! No fat jokes please. It's too easy and it makes the joke look cheap.

I swore to myself that I wouldn't make this another long post, but so be it. Boo hoo, you have to read three whole paragraphs. I have to wander the streets of Chicago alone in the dark with only my extensive knowledge of gang symbols to protect me. I should probably go to bed now anyway. I have my first day of orientation tomorrow. I'm so excited! I'm going to wear my cutest outfit so as to attract the comedy boys and impress the professors. I just hope I pick the right pair of boob tassles. There will definitely be a post tomorrow night to share how it goes. Have a lovely day. Keep on truckin'!

1 comment:

  1. Christi, this is just what I needed! I like falling off my chair everyday, rolling on the floor in uproarious laughter. Thank you for making my dreams come true. All the best of luck to you, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete