Monday, January 26, 2009

Move Over Disney...This Is The Happiest Place On Earth

So, I'm sure you're all dying to know how the first day of classes went. Magical!! Absolutely magical!! We met our professors and jumped right into the improv scenes. Usually I get nervous for this stuff, but I promised myself I was just gonna jump in with no regrets. It felt so amazing to be up on that stage, building characters and just getting absolutely crazy with a mess of people that are as crazy as I am. I can't describe the feeling of being in an environment where everyone else shares your passions and goals. I don't think this paragraph is coming across quite the way I mean for it to. Go back and read it again, but imagine me saying it really fast and jumping around using grand hand guestures. That will give you more of the sense of excitement without me having to use gratuitous exclamation points.

I can't believe I'm already having so much fun, and it's only the first day!! Thank God, I found this program. I really can't imagine being anywhere else right now. Tonight, Casey and I went to an improv show, because three of the other Comedy Studies students were performing with their troupe. The three troupes before them were beyond painful to watch. I would describe them to you, but if you were even able to make it through reading about them, you would denounce God and turn emo. The group with our friends was good though. They were really happy that we came and supported them. Afterwards, we travelled most of the way home with Spike (from Comedy Studies), and it turns out he's a super cool guy. He has an album out and he's a yoyo master, amongst other things. (But can he work the tassles like me? I think not!) I doubt that if we hadn't been in that situation, we would ever have gotten to know him, so it's cool how those things work out.

Tomorrow begins day two, but I'm really not used to going to bed at a reasonable hour. Changing my sleep schedule should prove interesting. Well, I'm off to lay in bed for an hour, trying to sleep, but thinking about how incredibly lucky I am to be having this experience. Keep on truckin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment