Friday, February 6, 2009

Milk Carton Puppet Theatre

Hey all! And now for another edition of Christi's Chicago Adventure. It's been a good week at The Second City. My phone hasn't been heard in Gellman's class again, and my acting scenes have been way better. All is well.

I must say, I have been assigned the coolest homework of all time, since I've been here. For my improv class, I am to make a puppet, that will be interviewed by the prof. Most people are planning on bringing in a sock, but when have you ever known me to make anything easy? I'm making an extravagant old woman. I imagine I will be much like her in a few decades, provided I suddenly take the shape of an old milk bottle and grow googley eyes, but you get the idea. My other big assignment is to put together a Vaudeville act. We are in the Vaudeville section in history, and we learned Wednesday that we are to break up into groups and write and prepare an act to be performed for the class. It happens to be due this Wednesday. Luckily, I'm in a group with two other really amazing girls, so I'm sure we'll work it out. Oh yeah, I'm also supposed to be doing some reading, but if I didn't do it while I was at Grace, I don't see why I should start now.

Rachel Gray is visiting this weekend and I'm really excited to have her here. I'm excited to show off my town. Is it too early to call it "my town?" I should hope not. I almost got a library card the other day. I mean, that makes you pretty official, right? And no, I'm not lying. I was really gonna get a library card. Don't act so confused. They also have DVDs.

I'm off to make dinner and a sweet puppet. Have a lovely weekend everyone! Tune in next week to find out how my puppet looks and how the Vaudeville act went! Keep on truckin'!

3 comments:

  1. I was a bit confused...I didn't know that you realized what a library card was for. Why didn't you get one? Have you not been a "citizen" of Chicago long enough? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't have two pieces of mail with my name and address on me, to prove i acutally live here...no great loss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah--I carry my mail with me everywhere I go... Gah!!!

    ReplyDelete