Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Intestines, Duck Feet, and Easter, Oh My!

So, if it prints the time on this, you'll see I'm updating at four in the morning. Why, you ask? Because, I feel like it! Geeze. Get off my back already. Actually, I'm writing at this odd hour because I did what I've done the past couple of nights. While actually intending to get things accomplished, I get tired and decide to "nap" for a few moments. I end up waking up at three-thirty in the morning, unshowered, with all the lights and my computer on. At that point, I shower and sleep for a few more hours before getting up for school. Is it a great system? Far from it, but it's hard to make yourself act like a normal, responsible person when you live alone.

My friends from high school, Chelsea and Meredith visited me last week and we had a lovely time. I do so enjoy showing off Chicago and my newfound knowledge of it. My favorite story from their visit was our "adventurous" attempt at lunch on Saturday. Meredith suggested finding some good Chinese food, so the intention was to go to a place that I really like in Chinatown. Not surprisingly, we woke up pretty late and didn't want to go quite that far out, but Casey told me that there was some good oriental food off Argyle, which is only one stop away on the "el." We ended up walking into three different restaurants, none of which had decipherable menus. We were still game to try something until we went into the last restaurant and saw what looked like intestines and whole duck feet being prepared in the window. Terrifying. I suggested Panera and we had soup and sandwiches.

School has still been so much fun, I don't know what to do with myself. In writing and history, we're discussing sitcoms, which is fabulous, since sitcom writing is something I have considered for the future. Last week I pitched my "I Love Lucy" episode entitled "Lucy Learns French." Ricky and Lucy made a wager, Lucy attempted to speak French, and wackiness ensued. The next pitch is a partner pitch for an original sitcom. I came up with the idea of a group of 3-5 men that have lost their jobs in the recession, but out of pride still put on their suits and pretend to go to work every day. They form a little club and spend their days hiding their secret from the world and scheming how to get enough money so they can all fake paychecks. There's much more to it, but I don't want anyone stealing this brilliant idea. If you don't think it's brilliant, that's why I'm in comedy school and you're reading this from somewhere less cool than Chicago. If you do, thank you. I always liked you the best anyway.

Easter weekend was fun, as I went to Wisconsin with my dad, Tim, and Amanda. It was really great to see my family. We're all pretty close, despite the fact that they're all a bunch of crazies. I jest, of course. (But no, seriously, they're a bunch of lunatics!) They're totally great and super normal. (Normal like a freakshow.) In all seriousness, I love them all soooo much and I'm really glad I got a chance to spend some time with them. I wish I could just move all the people that I love to Chicago and we'd all just go to improv shows together and eat at Panera. Although, I suppose that's what heaven is for.

It's almost four thirty, so I'm gonna call it a night, but there's been a few more things going on in this crazy life of mine, so I'll write a bit more very soon. It's ok if you don't believe me. I'm not sure if I believe myself. You're all fabulous! Have a lovely day. Keep on truckin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment